Baldwin is committed to the sustainable development and preservation of affordable housing. Our affordable housing development group puts our social conscience to work with every project we undertake. We pride ourselves on a forward thinking approach in energy efficient design and building techniques. In an evolving industry with cutting edge technology, we are intent on leading by example. Our strong public and private partnerships in reducing environmental impact and improving the lives of our residents are critical to the long term success of our mission to promote healthier living and protect the environment. Baldwin builds, owns and operates for the long-term, with durable construction and energy efficiency implemented at every property.
Baldwin’s sustainability initiatives include:
- Passive House Building (PHIUS)
- Baldwin's commitment to innovative energy efficiency & resident well-being is proudly evidenced by CreekView Apartments in Canandaigua, NY. CreekView meets the Passive House Certified design and building standards, and is the first of its kind in the Upstate New York affordable housing market. This community will house 96 families under the LIHTC program and feature Net Zero ready capabilities. CreekView represents the first phase of a total build out of 384 affordable apartment homes. For more information on what it means to achieve Net Zero, please visit the NYSERDA website.
- LEED for Homes Certified – Riverknoll at Radisson III (LEED Silver)
- Adaptive re-use of existing buildings and renovation of existing housing communities.
- NYSERDA Multifamily Performance Program – New York Energy $mart Label
- Sedgewick Pines
- Warwick Place
- Thornhill Terrrace
- Northwood Grove
- Baldwin Park Apartments
- We continually retrofit our communities so that our residents may enjoy the health benefits and cost savings of high performance ventilation, air sealed attics, Energy Star appliances, LED lighting and added insulation.
- Water savings techniques throughout much of our portfolio include low flow technology appliances.
- Exciting plans are underway for engaging in Solar Net Metering contracts. This technology will help to offset energy costs and provide availability to our residents for similar benefit and savings.